Your safety is very important to us, so please read carefully.
1. Each team must race a minimum of two times.
2. All racers must sign a waiver before racing.
3. Racers must have only 1 bed rider and 4 bed pushers.
4. Each team must have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 registered race participants. The same members are not required to race both times and may be divided.
5. All bed race participants must wear running shoes and a helmet when racing. Participants that do not comply will not be eligible to race. Shin and elbow pads are recommended, but not required.
6. Racers must be over the age of 14 to participate.
7. Racers cannot be a member of more than one team.
8. The team name must be displayed and securely attached to the bed.
9. All beds must have a bell or horn.
10. Beds must be covered with cushioning. A mattress is not required, but at least a blanket.
11. All four wheels of the bed must remain on the ground at all times.
12. Bed pushers must keep their beds in their lane and not interfere with competing beds. Causing interference will result in 3 seconds added to their overall race time. Referee will determine whether a team will be penalized for interference.
15. Beds must be pushed (not pulled) from the back.
16. Bed pushers may be changed for each race, but cannot be changed during the race.
17. No tampering of other team beds is allowed.
18. Safety must be a top priority when considering the transportation of the rider. Decorations may be removed from the bed for racing.
19. All participants will conduct themselves accordingly to the highest standards of sportsmanship.
20. Race competitors must obey instructions from race officials, starters, timekeepers and marshals.
21. Wheels must be no larger than 29 inches in diameter (includes rubber tire).
22. Beds must have four wheels, no more or less. They may be fixed or swivel.
23. Push bars are permitted but must not protrude more than 16 inches (41 cm) from each side of the bed. No sharp or jagged edges.
24. There must be a minimum clearance of 6 inches under the entire bed.
25. All beds must be constructed in a fashion that all four pushers and the rider are able to see the race course in front of them.
26. Racers must be prepared to stop their bed at the finish line.