Justin's Boots & Toques 5km Walk for Heart Page
I’m raising money in support of Cardiac Care at Trillium Health Partners by participating in the Boots & Toques 5KM Walk for Heart hosted by Tomorrow’s Community of Hope Foundation.
By making a donation to me, you are helping to ensure that our local hospital’s cardiac program remains innovative and sustainable, stays ahead of the curve in cardiac care and provides access to state-of-the-art medicine, close to home, for our growing population.
Please make a donation today and help me to reach my fundraising goal!
- Trillium Health Partners (THP) serves over 2.4 million people of Mississauga, west Toronto, the Regions of Halton and Peel, and is the referral centre for all emergency cardiac cases for Oakville, Georgetown, Caledon and Milton.
- 15% of adult patients at THP need specialized cardiac care.
- THP was the first in Ontario to introduce a 24 hour STEMI program for unblocking coronary arteries.
- THP cares for 9,000 cardiac patients, perform over 1,250 surgeries every year, and conduct more coronary artery unblocking procedures than any other hospital in Ontario.
- The THP-St. Michael’s Collaborative Program for Interventional Cardiology allows Fellows (licenced physicians) to gain a second year of advancing training.
- THP is the only cardiac centre between Toronto and Hamilton.
- THP performs 90% of Canada’s ‘beating-heart’ coronary bypass surgeries a superior procedure that lowers the risk of stroke.
THP's Patient-Centered Approach
- THP has over 1,200 heart failure admissions per year the highest in the province.
- THP’s readmission rate for heart failure a significant indicator of treatment quality is the fourth-lowest in Canada.
- THP’s new partnership with St. Elizabeth’s Health Care has reduced hospital stays by 20%.Our Community
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.